21 March 2008

Eyeballs 2.0

Thursday, March 20, I got new eyeballs via IntraLase Lasik.

Before the miracle procedure, I looked something like this:

I now look something like this:


The surgery was quick - just a few minutes - and just felt really weird with some minor discomfort during part of it. Afterwards there was quite a bit of discomfort (burning sensation in the eyes) on the hour-long car trip back home. I was expecting this, thanks to information provided by our foreign correspondent in Belgium. Incidentally, my sister, who had the same thing done one month ago, didn't report any discomfort. That's because she's an eyeball sissy and they gave her Valium before the surgery and she slept the whole way home. Of course she didn't have problems. Not being an eyeball sissy, I had no drugs. But after a few hours with my eyes closed I felt MUCH better. And lo and behold! Now I can see. The LASER eyeballs also come in handy for heating up soup.

EYEBALL 2.0 UPDATE: Friday I had my follow-up appointment with the doctor who did my surgery. My vision is 20/15. I'm still having a bit of a problem with the accuracy of the eyeball LASERs though. I keep firing about 8 - 10cm to the right of what I'm trying to zap. I lit some of our curtains on fire by accident....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Glad to hear that all is well. Enjoy your new laser eyes and hot soup.

Anonymous said...

Your after picture looks fabulous!

JH said...

Excellent. No need for a rear window defroster!

OldTim said...

Congratulations!

From your new picture, it looks like you've lost a lot of weight. And skin. And internal organs.

ALM said...

Polishing my exoskeleton each morning is proving to be a hassle, but you should see the damage I can do to SUV strollers!