28 January 2009

Child Endangerment by my Parents?

I was visiting my parents over the past weekend and realized something as my mother and I were leaving the cemetery where my grandparents are buried:

I COULD SEE OUR OLD HOUSE FROM THE ENTRANCE TO THE CEMETERY.

Holy crap! We'd been sitting zombie bait for 15 years!

The more I thought about this, the more I realized what a potentially deadly and re-animated situation I narrowly escaped by going away to college. Not only was my childhood home a mere, what? 300 yards away from a cemetery, it was a ranch-style house. And one room had been converted into a sunroom - all windows. And there was no basement. And the attic was only accessible from the garage. What had they been thinking when they bought the place?! Obviously not the safety of themselves and their children.

They moved when I was in college. Oh sure - move to a safer place once the kids are out of the house...

No comments: