16 June 2008

Make That A Double

Dr. Nate and I went out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate our anniversary. The menu had a list of specialty drinks and martinis available for order, which I read even though I wasn't planning to order one.

I don't care for martinis. Yes, I will drink a cosmopolitan on occasion and there was the Unfortunate Chocotini Incident Of 2008 (one that I never care to repeat, thankyouverymuch.) But actual martinis - the clear ones that taste like rubbing alcohol - are bad.

Whee - ethyl alcohol is yummy!

Lots of martinis tend to have something in them. You aren't served just a glass of clear liquid; you also usually get "something on a stick," like an olive or a little onion. Why does it have to always be an olive or a little onion?

But there are other food items that probably could be used in place of the olive or onion. And then it hit me. The perfect combination! I present to you:

The HamtiniTM! Which could also be called the PorkiniTM. And the variation on the theme: The ProsciutiniTM.

5 comments:

JH said...

SPAMtini!

Mary said...

Maybe a Ham'n'Cheese-ini?

ALM said...

Well, I've never had Spam, so I'm not sure how that would work. But it is fun to say.

And a Ham'n'Cheese-ini would be awesome - you could dip the little swizzle stick in a bloody mary and it'd be like the alcoholic's version of a soup and sammie combo!

JH said...

Well, it's just SPiced hAM.

ALM said...

Are you SURE it stands for SPiced hAM? It could be Snout Parts And Mush or Sickly Pig Ankle Meat. We just don't know!