12 November 2007

More Television I Love To Watch

Thanks to the Cyberninja for pointing out I'd left off Man vs. Wild (even with all the disclaimers that they add in now, Bear still eats various gross things on the show and gets naked fairly often which makes it tops in my book). Besides, I also saw Bear in what might arguably be a show even better than Man vs. Wild, called "Escape to the Legion."

Which lead me to think about all the other great shows I'd forgotten to mention. Mostly these shows are thanks to our digital cable subscription which includes Sundance, IFC, and BBCAmerica:

#1. John Safran vs. God: How could I have forgotten about this one?! I LOVE "John Safran vs. God" (even though it apparently ran for only one season and I think I've seen all of them). Plus, it's pretty apparent that John Safran does not like Mormons any more than I do.


#2. Peep Show: Saw an episode or two when we were in Ireland this year and loved it. Found out that the first season is on DVD and That's Rentertainment had it. Now I just have to either buy a Region 2 DVD player to watch the other seasons or wait patiently until they are released on Region 1 DVD.

#3. Shameless: Cuz they know how 'a throw a ppppaaaaaa-AAAAAA!The simple fact is that the Brits have better t.v. than we do. 'Benny Hill' being an exception (and I never really cared for any of the Rowan Aktinson vehicles). 'Peep Show,' 'Shameless,' and my one, true love 'Top Gear' are all British. And admit it--'Coupling' was far better than 'Friends.' Besides, British television brought us the best evil entities ever: Daleks!


Seek, locate, and exterminate!

3 comments:

Michael L. Heien said...

I like British TV too, although there are also spectacularly bad shows like Mr. Bean...

Nice job on the Darleks - but what about Monty Python? Or Faulty Towers? Now even a mention?

Their shows don't seem to be on as long either (Dr. Who being an exception), so perhaps we don't get that bored of them.

Anonymous said...

Also, if you do find a region 2 dvd you want to watch, let me know. I have managed to find ways around the region codes for computer drives at least.

ALM said...

Well, I was going with current things I love to watch, even though I agree that Faulty Towers and Monty Python are also extremely good. They used to show both on the local PBS station, I thought, but I haven't seen either in awhile.