10 December 2007

Two New Annoying Things

For some reason, the National Geographic channel has decided to start calling itself "Nat Geo" in its promo commercials. Either the station cannot afford to spend the additional money in air time for the four extra syllables or it is trying to be hip in this "MTV culture" of ours. I can't decide which.

Although this annoys me, it does not rankle nearly as much as the tagline for one mobile phone company. I'm not sure which company it is, but said tagline is "Where you at?" Correct grammar is too much to ask for these day, apparently. Not to mention they end the sentence in a preposition.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll leave you with a random picture of one of our cats, while I go yell at neighborhood kids to keep off the lawn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I is in Belgium!

Cat's eyes are so cool.

ALM said...

Yeah, it's practically impossible to get a picture of this cat of ours. He's all back and so, without the right lighting, I usually get a picture of what looks like a black blob with eyes...