25 August 2008

Cannibalism in the News

See? You go for a few weeks without cable and the Series of Tubes, and you miss an awesome cannibalism story that even includes a free side-order of decapitation!

Greyhound scraps ads after Canada bus beheading

There are types of news stories that I absolutely love. Anything involving cannibalism, stigmata, crazy religious cults, or SHC (for those of you not in the know, "SHC" stands for Spontaneous Human Combustion). I will happily sit down to the same Discovery Channel special on stigmata time after time; they always trot out Padre Pio, but I just don't care. I'll watch it anyhow. And the SHC special on National Geographic? That one where they burn a pig carcass to try to recreate a SHC incident? I'm probably on my fifth sitting of that one. So I've very glad I noticed this story while perusing "Ad Report Card" on slate.com.

No comments: