20 August 2008

Dear People,

Dear Bob Costas,
You're cute as a button, you are! I've been claiming for, oh, the last 15 years or so that Katie Couric is really just you in drag. I saw you an Olympic broadcast the other day and I gotta say that you look the same as you did 15 years ago. Do you have really good genetics or just a really good plastic surgeon?


Dear Dwight D. Eisenhower (posthumously),
Awesome interstate system, dude! But remember: the Germans did it first.

Dear Bob Seeger,
You have the rhyming skills of a first grader. I'd suggest trying to think up more creative lyrics than all things that end in the "-ee" sound. Let's challenge ourselves, shall we?

Dear Ohio,
Stop it with the "we play anything" radio stations. If I'm listening to the Rolling Stones on one of your radio stations why must you then have the next song be country crap? I don't get it. If I wanted a mixed taped I'd make my own. Use a genre-based system like everyone else does.

Sincerely,
alm

3 comments:

Debbie Shelden said...

Had a good drive back, did you? Rolling Stones to Clint Black? I hope the station redeemed itself by playing a little Clark Terry for you.

My thought on Costas in his Olympics coverage was, "Wow. What a bad color job."

Unknown said...

Bob Costas needs to cut out the plastic surgery before he ends up looking like that cat woman!

BTW - Come home again soon!

ALM said...

So, I guess old Bob doesn't just have the good genetics that I was thinking maybe he did...perhaps he and Joan Rivers are sharing a plastic surgeon??