07 April 2008

New Toy!

When he knows he's about to get treats or something good, our little black cat (Bit) gets something we call "shaky tail" - his tail perks up and just kind of trembles back and forth with anticipation of whatever tasty thing he's getting. Total excitement reflex.

I've got to admit that I have a severe case of shaky tail this afternoon, since I just talked Dr. Nate into buying a GPS thing for our car. Or, more accurately, I whined all during lunch about needing one and he acquiesced and let me buy it. Woot!

We've been lusting after them ever since seeing one in action last year in the luxury ride of the Cyberninja and Dr. Girlfriend. But we couldn't justify one since we know our way around our town and tend not to travel to unknown remote places that often. But I printed out 1/2 a ream of paper this morning, digging up mapquest directions for a work thing I need to attend in Chicago this Friday. And I have to go to Muncie, IN, in another week or so and then Indianapolis after that. And we have other travel stuff that might be coming up. Plus, Dr. Nate and I have no sense of direction. At all.

So, thanks to Amazon.com, a brand-new Garmin Nuvi 260 is on its way to us. The cool thing about this version is it actually tells you the name of the street on which you have to turn, rather than "turn left in 500 yards."


And, since zombies don't have the intelligence to zap satellites out of the sky, we can chalk this purchase up further supplies for the impending zombie-riddled Trek to a Safe Haven.

2 comments:

JH said...

What does it do if there is a zombie horde in the road?

Please turn left at moaning, brain eating, shambling undead.

You have run over one of the moaning, brain eating shambling undead.

Please take your next left.

Thank you.

ALM said...

Damn. I KNEW I should have sprung for the upgraded version with it's Zombie Hoard Avoidance System.