03 January 2008

Better Living Through Chemistry

Yay for Textured Vegetable Protein! Which makes a darn tasty simulated chik'n nugget AND a reasonable simulated saus'ge patty.

Admittedly, three days into the Great Vegetarian Experiment and I'm not doing as well as I hoped. Not that I've been tempted by the flesh of baby kittens or anything...the foregoing "anything with a face" has been the easy part (even when Dr. Nate is tucking into a bowl of chili right next to me). It's the "am I getting a balanced diet?" part that I'm more worried about. I didn't really spend any of my holiday time off planning menus, so I'm kind of scrambling to find things to eat. Not to mention that I haven't been feeling well for the better part of a week now, and so don't have the motivation to do much cooking. But this is where Textured Vegetable Protein comes to the rescue! Because I can nuke a few Morningstar chik'n nuggets and add a salad and call it dinner. All this without resorting to cheese!!

I also took a look at the back of the cottage cheese container and noticed that I can get a whopping 12g of protein from just one serving. So yay for it, too.

Actually, I've found that my daytime diet doesn't have to change all that much. It's the dinners that I need to start thinking seriously about.

1 comment:

JH said...

TVP for president!